What the Philadelphia Improv Academy Will Do for You:
- Develop your skills as an improvisational performer using long-form and short-form group exercises
- Mold topics and suggestions into an original on-the-spot stand-up routine through a weekly on-stage performance workshop
- Translate your ideas into a funny scene or perfect your story-telling by performing at the "top of your intelligence"
- Six two-hour-long classes at Helium Comedy Club, Sundays from 2PM to 4PM
- A Graduation performance at Helium at 7PM on the Sunday immediately following the final class session (schedule permitting) in which participants perform for an audience of friends and family in a supportive, positive, and controlled environment
About the Instructor:
Darryl Charles is a comic with nearly a decade of experience doing stand-up, improv and sketch comedy. He is a feature comic at Helium Comedy Club, a member of ComedySportz Philly and writes and performs sketch comedy with The Layoff Kids, whose videos have been featured on Funny or Die. He has mixed the building blocks of those disciplines to provide a class that will help mold and refine your improv abilities.