- Hone your stand-up comedy skills in a free-form writing environment
- Learn traditional improv techniques and how to apply them to your craft
- Mold topics into an on-the-spot original routine through a weekly on-stage performance workshop
- Translate your ideas into a crafted act through proper joke structure and editing techniques
- Six two-hour-long classes at Helium Comedy Club, Sundays from 2-4PM
- A Graduation Showcase at Helium at 8PM on the Wednesday immediately following the final class session (schedule permitting) in which participants perform for an audience of friends and family in a supportive, positive, and controlled environment
About the Instructor:
Darryl Charles is a comic with nearly a decade of experience doing stand-up, improv and sketch comedy. He is a feature comic at Helium Comedy Club, a member of ComedySportz Philly and writes and performs sketch comedy with The Layoff Kids, whose videos have been featured on Funny or Die. He has mixed the building blocks of those disciplines to provide a class that will help mold and refine your improv abilities.