Sketch Comedy 101 Presented by Helium Comedy Academy and Philly Sketchfest
Sketch Class Syllabus:
- Develop original sketches for stage and/or film production
- Mold topics into creative script concepts using the guidelines of appropriate sketch framework
- Translate your ideas into funny, engaging scenes and dialogue through proper joke structure and editing techniques
Sketch Comedy Classes Include:
- Six two-and-a-half-hour-long sketch comedy class sessions at Helium Comedy Club, Wednesdays from 7:30-10PM
- Two three-and-a-half-hour-long sketch comedy class sessions at Helium Comedy Club, Saturdays from 12-3:30PM
- A Graduation Showcase at Helium on the Wednesday immediately following the final class session (schedule permitting) in which your sketches will be table-read by local actors and comedians OR performed by you and your classmates for an audience of friends and family in a supportive, positive, and controlled environment
Upcoming Class Dates:
- Class Dates: 4/17, 4/24, 5/1, 5/4, 5/8, 5/11, 5/15, 5/18 - Grad Show 5/22 @8PM
Is this class for beginners?
- Yes. Our Sketch Comedy 101 class is an entry-level course. All 200 level courses and higher require completion of an entry-level course or permission from the instructor to attend.
My child is 13 years old, can I sign them up for a class?
- Unfortunately, no. All Helium Comedy Academy classes are 18+.
How much progress can I expect to gain from this class?
- As with any class or lesson, you get out what you put in. Those who participate, do the homework assignments, and put real effort in their work will see significant advancement in their skill level over someone who was merely present in class.
Do I need to have any material ready before the class?
- There's no preparation required to start of any of our entry-level classes. Obviously, there's also no harm in bringing some material, ideas, or jokes you've been working on to the first day of class but that's totally optional!